The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum NRHS PERFORMANCE 2  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
sportxlh, willprevale (73), eagle (68), Willard (66), arby (63), XLC Curt (61), Boricuaurfer64 (50), zook1065 (47), Foxdud (46), stg (45), skeeter_xb (43), mountainman
Fix My Hog
Energy One Clutches
Licks Holiday
Lowbrow Customs

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 S/ sold
Sportster/Buell Year: 1996
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki M109R/ totaled
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
wilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant futurewilkin4 has a brilliant future

So, was she hot ?????????
Old 22nd June 2012
Battleship Sailor

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
lostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant futurelostNdallas has a brilliant future

I googled my name and came up with squat. I contributed to the Library Of Congress' Veteran's History Project and that is the only hit. No real usable info there.
Old 22nd June 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
Other Motorcycle Model: Fairlane 500
Other Motorcycle Year: 1964
SuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to allSuperTed is a name known to all

That's exactly why I would never post any identifying pics/info of me, the wife, house, job, etc. on the internet and also why I choose not to use any online social media like facebook, blogs or twitter. And I'm no old-timer at 28. Just not worth it, in my opinion.

I guess I'm just missing that "Hey guys, look at me, I said look at me, look at what I'm doing right now and 'like' it" gene and/or void in my personal life.
- Oversized pic of my ride & lengthy list of upgrades
Old 22nd June 2012
Rider Of Motorcycles

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883L/1200L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Baphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond reputeBaphomet has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I met on the Internet. She answered a personals ad I posted. The profiles on that particular website gave very little logistic information other than what town the person lived in. Long story short, she eventually called me when I gave her my phone number but we had not met yet. With her phone number (call ID provided) and the Internet I found out her full name, exact address, work history, credit history, and even did a criminal background check for 2 bucks. This was before Facebook otherwise I probably would have known her eating habits and what she liked and disliked.

First time we met she was floored to find out how much I knew about her already. We are talking back in 2001 so these days the big Internet is even much more powerful. I have even found ways to GENERATE a background where you can pretty much assume any identity you want. Imagine someone Googling your real name and getting a short list of "planted" hits that paint a picture of perfection and you'll get the idea of what I'm talking about. Majority of curious people do not have a person's DL or SSN so will just Google a name ... and there IS control over what pops up there.
Old 22nd June 2012
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250
Sportster/Buell Year: '02
Phillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostNdallas View Post
I googled my name and came up with squat. I contributed to the Library Of Congress' Veteran's History Project and that is the only hit. No real usable info there.
at least your google-self is charitable

I'm an orthopaedic surgeon, I'm in jail for identity theft, arrested in several states and killed by a drunk driver at the age of 23

I need to change my name

Old 22nd June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250S
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
steelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond reputesteelworker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillober View Post
at least your google-self is charitable

I'm an orthopaedic surgeon, I'm in jail for identity theft, arrested in several states and killed by a drunk driver at the age of 23

I need to change my name
Apart from a reference to Facebook and Linked-In sites, the only reference to me is that somebody's searching for me after seeing my name on a memorial to the dead of the Anglo-Boer war (late nineteenth century!!).
Old 22nd June 2012
Devoted Life Behind Barz

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats why I keep my name unlisted in the phone book...not saying you can't find me, but it makes it a whole lot harder even when trying to google it, it doesn't show up..
Old 22nd June 2012
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Wreck is a name known to allWreck is a name known to allWreck is a name known to allWreck is a name known to allWreck is a name known to allWreck is a name known to allWreck is a name known to allWreck is a name known to allWreck is a name known to allWreck is a name known to allWreck is a name known to all

No land line phone and no facebook crap here too.
Old 22nd June 2012
Peat moss

Sportster/Buell Model: sportsterR
Sportster/Buell Year: 2105
Other Motorcycle Model: 82 1000sz katana
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

There is a reason i live in a swamp.