The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
Wardog (65), ZeD (62), JamieSporty95 (42), JStrong (37), llsmketr, Phelan (29)
Motor Stage
Lickscycles
Get Lowered
NRHS Performance Long 2

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd June 2012
Freedom Lover

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
WinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud of

Repeat after me:
(Italian - Hey...I gotta go with what I know)
Nonno! Nonno! Nonno!
or (generic)
Pappy! Pappy! Pappy!
Gotta start them early.

Congratulations! (Auguri!)
Old 22nd June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell XB12sCG
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: XL883L
Other Motorcycle Year: 2008
HD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond reputeHD_XL rider has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and best wishes to mom and baby!
Old 22nd June 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
SpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond reputeSpartanDen has a reputation beyond repute

Already has! Thanks everyone. What I am feeling right now I am unable to put into words. There may not be any words adequate anyways.

there are, but you're not man enough to say them...after all you do ride a girls bike!!!!

"If you're looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

Old Bubba of the Booze Junkies MC
Old 22nd June 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 70 XLH Ironhead SOLD
Other Motorcycle Model: 2007 Dyna Low
Joe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of light
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanDen View Post
Already has! Thanks everyone. What I am feeling right now I am unable to put into words. There may not be any words adequate anyways.

there are, but you're not man enough to say them...after all you do ride a girls bike!!!!
What do mean, things like precious, cute, beautiful? Or how about I love her already. Those words seem inadequate for what I am feeling. But right now, to get my head straight I am going to ride my girls bike out to the Ortega Hwy. I'll be thinking of my new love, Scarlet.
Old 22nd June 2012
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1990
a150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rougha150bdriver is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations Grandpa! Best wishes to mom and baby!
Know Thy Hog

Old 22nd June 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Teehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant futureTeehaml has a brilliant future

Congrats to you proud pop pop. Granddaughter's are special for sure...
Old 22nd June 2012
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Promedio View Post
What do mean, things like precious, cute, beautiful? Or how about I love her already. Those words seem inadequate for what I am feeling. But right now, to get my head straight I am going to ride my girls bike out to the Ortega Hwy. I'll be thinking of my new love, Scarlet.
While you are out there at Hells Kitchen, remember to figure out what sportster to start her on. Well, a dirt bike first, then the sportster! But time flys, so you gotta start planning for her future NOW! Or she will end up riding some Kawazuki and you will have to disown her, and we just can't let that happen.

Whitworth Fork Brace: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/m...outme&simple=1

Old 22nd June 2012
Harley Engineer

Joe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of lightJoe Promedio is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
While you are out there at Hells Kitchen, remember to figure out what sportster to start her on. Well, a dirt bike first, then the sportster! But time flys, so you gotta start planning for her future NOW! Or she will end up riding some Kawazuki and you will have to disown her, and we just can't let that happen.
I've been working on my son to get a Sportster for a while. He loves riding mine. A couple of weeks ago he told me he wanted to get a Sporty. I was so proud. So, when he gets one we will be thinking what we can get her. Mom is apprehensive though. We got time.

Thanks Wedge!
Old 22nd June 2012
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Promedio View Post
I've been working on my son to get a Sportster for a while. He loves riding mine. A couple of weeks ago he told me he wanted to get a Sporty. I was so proud. So, when he gets one we will be thinking what we can get her. Mom is apprehensive though. We got time.

Thanks Wedge!
We must be neighbors (or somewhere close, I'm in the Chino/Ontario area)

Just remember how fast time flys. Can you imagine if you had bought your son a brand new Ironhead when he was born, and it was just sitting new in the garage all this time? I just got back from lunch and while I was out I got thinking about this conversation, and that thought hit me. What an investement that would be. Can't go back though, and they are not making anything new now that strikes me as having that "classic" gene.
Old 23rd June 2012
Harley Engineer

I had a 1951 Pontiac woody that I sold in 1972 for $300.00 dollars so I could buy this tricked out Sporty (70 XLH). I loved that bike, but can you imagine how much that woody is worth now?
Know Thy Hog