The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
truckmen (57), Scooter Trash (52), K2RMX.ROB (50), Milazzo (48), benny04hd (34), Foxman (34), Chase1126 (23)
Lowbrow Customs
Foxcreek Leather
DK Customs
DK Customs

Speedway Instruments
View Poll Results: How old are you?
18-25 27 6.96%
25-35 65 16.75%
35-45 70 18.04%
45-55 101 26.03%
55+ 125 32.22%
Voters: 388. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th June 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
PiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud of
Default How old are you?

Anecdotal evidence I've gleaned from this forum suggests that the average age here is higher than I would have expected of any internet forum, and it's gotten the sociologist in my curious.

What is the average age of an internet savvy sportster rider?
Old 24th June 2012
Senior Master Bolter Oner

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: 48cc moped-donor bike TBD
Other Motorcycle Year: 14?
Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond repute

Been done before, but the forum demographics have changed. I'm 5-6 years older than when I joined....

I'll play.
Old 24th June 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh883/1250
Sportster/Buell Year: 1986
norseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond reputenorseXL has a reputation beyond repute

Me, I┤m born November in the year of the Electra Glide. You do the math

Sir Harry R. Ricardo
Old 25th June 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FLD Switchback
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2012
Other Motorcycle Year: 1979
CrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to behold

Old 25th June 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
PiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud ofPiousDevil has much to be proud of

I don't think 55+ is the end of life, btw, but when I created the poll I selected "5 options," and after I got creating them I didn't feel like editing it and adding more choices for "55-65" and "65-75".
Know Thy Hog

Old 25th June 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 1000
Sportster/Buell Year: 74
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 76
Other Motorcycle Model: Panhead
Other Motorcycle Year: 56
sturgmachinist is a glorious beacon of lightsturgmachinist is a glorious beacon of lightsturgmachinist is a glorious beacon of lightsturgmachinist is a glorious beacon of lightsturgmachinist is a glorious beacon of lightsturgmachinist is a glorious beacon of lightsturgmachinist is a glorious beacon of lightsturgmachinist is a glorious beacon of lightsturgmachinist is a glorious beacon of lightsturgmachinist is a glorious beacon of lightsturgmachinist is a glorious beacon of light

3 years older than my ironhead

74 Custom Rigid XL,
"stuff"
Some dirty chrome, a little duct tape and lots of rust
One headlight, one tail light, one brake, and lot's of balls!
Old 25th June 2012
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1250
Sportster/Buell Year: '02
Phillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant futurePhillober has a brilliant future

I finally broke into the dirty 30 this year

jeez I should probably grow up soon
Old 25th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1998 S= Superior Model
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
shotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond repute

04/07/1958 I aint old yet
Old 25th June 2012
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
T^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really niceT^2 is just really nice

According to my significant other... I'm either 2 1/2 or 70, depending on the day and various other factors...
Old 25th June 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
MacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to all

10/28/48 here!!
Know Thy Hog