The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Biltwell  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Accessories
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Accessories Accessory problems, advice, and/or how tos (Saddle Bags, Sissy Bars, Crash bars, Mirrors, etc

Members Birthdays
DRAWTOOL (64), svoracer (61), curly h (60), mosby (57), barry1967 (47), BiggyJ (47), the_MAD_Baker (46), deadeye (41), SharkMDick (39), bdbecker (31)
S&S Cycle
Foxcreek Leather
Lickscycles
Fix My Hog

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1998 S= Superior Model
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
shotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am looking for longer foot Pegs

I am in need of longer foot pegs ! I purchased the O Ring style Forwards from E Bay and love the fit and feel for the price I paid ! the issue is the male mount that come off the frame are short and take female style foot pegs and I need more room for my feet ! I have searched and searched but can not find any longer female mount style foot pegs ! so can anyone offer me advice or point me in the right direction ??
Old 27th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

shotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the style I have
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-FOOTP...#ht_1654wt_754

Last edited by shotgun46; 27th June 2012 at 16:48..
Old 27th June 2012
Freedom Lover

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
WinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud of

Know anyone with a welding torch? You may find it cheaper and easier to weld on a set of cheap pegs to the end of these.
Personally, I'd try to get the same or similar style peg.
Cut the ends flat.
Drill both pieces and insert a steel dowel (it can be threaded with locktite)
and weld the two pieces together. Although, doing the threaded/locktite may be cheaper.
Only not as solid and reliable as welding.
My 2 cents.
Old 27th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

I thought about that but they are Hollow inside and very thin on the ends ! the sad part is I have several style foot pegs laying around and they are all the wrong mounting style
Old 27th June 2012
Freedom Lover

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
WinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud ofWinterWheel has much to be proud of

Thicker rod inside...Thread them.
They'll be stronger than ever.
Ken, you've can make this work. I know it. Juggle the options.
You may find that mixing 2 styles may show better results.
Know Thy Hog

Old 27th June 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Xlh
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 77
dr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud of

kind of pricey but i think this is what you are looking for
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/530-...1&zmap=530-138
Old 27th June 2012

dr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud ofdr.feltersnatch has much to be proud of

what about a two sided threaded extension? one side male threads one side female threads so you can screw one side into the bike and screw your pegs into the extender?
Old 27th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

I have tried several combos and even played with what I have trying to make it work I even looked at BMX style pegs ! but what ever I do they need to be female
Old 27th June 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.feltersnatch View Post
kind of pricey but i think this is what you are looking for
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/530-...1&zmap=530-138
these are the wrong style mount on both ends ! all I need is and inch or a inch and a half
Old 27th June 2012

how do your pegs attach now? my ironhead forwards have a little female side that bolts on. if its the same style all you need is an extension between those two points.
Know Thy Hog