The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > REGIONAL FORUMS > United States of America > Southwest > California > Southern California
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Southern California This area is for riders from Southern California to discuss events or anything else that is mainly of interest to riders in their area.

Members Birthdays
Motor Stage
DK Customs
Foxcreek Leather
DK Customs

Figure Machine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: FatBob
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Sportster/Buell Model #2: all gone 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda ST1300;Goldwing1500
Other Motorcycle Year: 0407
doxbike will become famous soon enoughdoxbike will become famous soon enoughdoxbike will become famous soon enoughdoxbike will become famous soon enoughdoxbike will become famous soon enoughdoxbike will become famous soon enoughdoxbike will become famous soon enoughdoxbike will become famous soon enough

FWIW, the 3+ toll road lane is open to bikes, and lets you ride the 91 for free. all the rest you pay for, except Jason who rides between the sensors. [;.p

Not gonna mod this one........
except for the Screamin'Eagle pipes, Heavy Breather A/C, MoCo ECM reflash, Switchblade pegs, MicroTach, Deflector Dx Windshield, Garmin Zumo GPS, T-bag Stow-away, bob tail rack, HD bags with BareBacks,and last, but not least, the VIED's, and now the very lastest-Ricor's Intiminators with 5/8" cut off the stock spring pre-load spacer. Oh well, I tried to hold out.

Use to have 1200 R:
Taxes Paid
Hurricane A/C forward offset
S/E Street Performance Muffs
Dealer factory re-map-Vied's currently AFR set @
back to 14.0:1

Mustang Vintage Touring Seat
T-bag stowaway/modified license plate bag.
HD adjustable hi-way pegs
Stebel Compact Nautilus [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]LOUD[/SIZE][/COLOR] horn
Hybrid shocks with 1 " pre-load spacer
Progressive standard fork springs
w/ 2 1/2" pre-load; 12 oz 10 wt Amsoil in each
Old 1st July 2012
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
polaris0352 is a jewel in the roughpolaris0352 is a jewel in the roughpolaris0352 is a jewel in the roughpolaris0352 is a jewel in the roughpolaris0352 is a jewel in the roughpolaris0352 is a jewel in the roughpolaris0352 is a jewel in the roughpolaris0352 is a jewel in the roughpolaris0352 is a jewel in the roughpolaris0352 is a jewel in the roughpolaris0352 is a jewel in the rough

Well, it won't be till next summer, but I'm just about settled on the idea of moving. If nothing else, I'll be less depressed without this crappy climate. This year has been unseasonably cool and grey, it's taken a pretty heavy toll on me. I think the change will do me some good.
Old 1st July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
knut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to all

Good for you and best of luck. Washington and Oregon (and Hawaii) are actually my two favorite states after California... if it wasn't for the weather...
Old 1st July 2012
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knut View Post
Good for you and best of luck. Washington and Oregon (and Hawaii) are actually my two favorite states after California... if it wasn't for the weather...
Yeah, I hear the suicide rate up there is really over the top. Must be a bunch of bikers who came to the realization that it is going to rain most of the time. Kind of like the guy who killed himself after they passed the helmet law here in California. I moved here because as beautiful as New Hampshire is, the snow. cold, and rain sucked. This works just fine for me.

Whitworth Fork Brace: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/m...outme&simple=1

Old 2nd July 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Custom
knut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to allknut is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
I moved here because as beautiful as New Hampshire is, the snow. cold, and rain sucked. This works just fine for me.
I agree. I hear about people "winterizing" their bikes for the winter and I just don't get it. We get to ride 365 days a year... heck... even the few times a year when the warm rain comes down can be a blast to ride in. Can't imagine going a few months without riding...
Know Thy Hog

Old 2nd July 2012
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knut View Post
I agree. I hear about people "winterizing" their bikes for the winter and I just don't get it. We get to ride 365 days a year... heck... even the few times a year when the warm rain comes down can be a blast to ride in. Can't imagine going a few months without riding...
Actually even back then I didn't go without. I used to run teck screws in the tires and run on the swamp behind my house in NH, and on the road at times too. One year I was the only one who could get down the hill we lived on and then back up it was even harder. Had a turn in the middle that I had to go round sideways, and it always took a couple of trys to make it. All the cars stayed parked at the bottom and people walked home from there. I'm done with that crap
Old 2nd July 2012
Joss

Sportster/Buell Model: sportsterR
Sportster/Buell Year: 2105
Other Motorcycle Model: 82 1000sz katana
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

Ok try this...don't move..

Old 2nd July 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 custom
Jimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to all

Here I am in Oregon, 2nd weekend of summer and it rained like a SOB on saturday, today (sunday) was pretty good, but it was touch and go cause they said 20% chance of rain.
Old 2nd July 2012
Banned

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
AsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond reputeAsSeenOnTV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris0352 View Post
Hey guys, hows it going. I just finished up a 2500 mile ride down to San Clemente to visit some family. Now, I used to live down there for a while, but I was so damn busy with work and school I barely noticed it was California. I live near Seattle now, and the weather has me close to slitting my wrists. Boy, let me tell ya, that ride was nice. So, tell me. No, make me hate it. Tell me every dirty, annoying, nasty little annoyance. I know the good, I want the bad.
2 words

Nancy Pelosi

Old 2nd July 2012
Joss

Sportster/Buell Model: sportsterR
Sportster/Buell Year: 2105
Other Motorcycle Model: 82 1000sz katana
Other Motorcycle Year: abov
Ireeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond reputeIreeman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nancy Pelosi
Hey i heard of her...she is in this months Playboy right?
Know Thy Hog