The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum CV Performance  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
Deathbreath (65), SpartanDen, B.C. TROLL (61), JDCIV (48), d_eggman2 (46), outalne94z71 (42), troy1 (41), chupacabra (40), pirate (40), Arslanoff
Biltwell
Biltwell
Energy One Clutches
Figure Machine

Ironworks Magazine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th July 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Loner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud of

I'll save it for the P&R section.
Old 16th July 2012
Whitworth Products

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 5 bikes and 1 quad
wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
I'll save it for the P&R section.
OK, but what can the debate be? This is a guy who didn't take a sallary when he was in office before, right?

Whitworth Fork Brace: http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/m...outme&simple=1

Old 16th July 2012
JESTER SYNDICATE

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad he's your governor and not mine.
Old 16th July 2012
Whitworth Products

wedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond reputewedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico 05R View Post
I'm glad he's your governor and not mine.
Do you know his history?

He is the only governor we have had in recent times that balanced the budget, and as far as I know he never took a salary from the state to do it. I will look into that to make sure I'm not thinking about someone else, but I think I'm accurate.

OK, I'm wrong... I can't find that he didn't take a salary, but this is what he is like...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1563216.html

California Governor Jerry Brown shrugged off the pay cut that's soon to lighten his wallet.
"I'd run for governor whether it was a paid job or not," the 74-year old, two-time governor told the San Jose Mercury News. "I derive a lot of psychic income."
Hopefully the 120 members of the state's legislature (as well as a small handful of other top elected officials) share the former Jesuit seminarian's characteristically zen outlook. This week, the California Citizens Compensation Commission agreed to reduce the pay of the state's top officeholders by five percent.
This cut comes in the wake of 2009's 18-percent salary reduction. Legislators will henceforth earn $95,291 per year and the governor will take home $165,288.
Intangible job benefits withstanding, Brown would be hard-pressed to complain about any cuts to his salary as he's pushing for the majority of state employees to take similar reductions in an effort to plug California's $16 billion budget hole. The governor is hoping to shift to a 9.5-hour, four days a week schedule, which would more or less come out to a five percent pay cut for most employees.
"The governor wants public employees to take a 5 percent pay cut, and legislators are public employees," said Commissioner Chuck Murray explained to the Los Angeles Times. "I would vote to bring legislators in line with what the governor is doing with other public employees."

Last edited by wedge; 16th July 2012 at 23:25..
Old 17th July 2012

Loner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud of

Wedge
like I said I'll take it up in the P&R section
but one dumb thing they did three words: High Speed Rail.
Know Thy Hog

Old 17th July 2012
Whitworth Products

OK, send me the link when you start the thread.

I'm thinking you want slower speed rail?
Old 17th July 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
OK, send me the link when you start the thread.

I'm thinking you want slower speed rail?
LOL

I will when I get a chance, I got a job to go to in an hour.
So much for me trying to be a bum,

BTW, its not the rail that bothers me, it looks like a money pit and very few will benefit from its use, sorta like a concorde on rails and that was a money pit too.
Old 17th July 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: A barn full of bikes
stocker883l has a reputation beyond reputestocker883l has a reputation beyond reputestocker883l has a reputation beyond reputestocker883l has a reputation beyond reputestocker883l has a reputation beyond reputestocker883l has a reputation beyond reputestocker883l has a reputation beyond reputestocker883l has a reputation beyond reputestocker883l has a reputation beyond reputestocker883l has a reputation beyond reputestocker883l has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xllent01 View Post
Only way to organize is to get the F'K out of Americas armpit called NY, NJ and any other Masshole state in the northeast and DON'T EVER LOOK BACK! (Moved out 20 yrs ago)

NO AMA WILL EVER SAVE YOU FROM THESE CROOKED ASS M F'KER'S!!
Yep, that is one thing about livin' and ridin' in the south: Ya don't see the po-po pullin' over or messin' with the bikers. Been riding a long time and I can only remember seeing a few in the years. Man, northern cops must suck.
Old 20th July 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XR 750
Sportster/Buell Year: 1972
Sportster/Buell Model #2: RR 250
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1976
barefoot has much to be proud ofbarefoot has much to be proud ofbarefoot has much to be proud ofbarefoot has much to be proud ofbarefoot has much to be proud ofbarefoot has much to be proud ofbarefoot has much to be proud ofbarefoot has much to be proud ofbarefoot has much to be proud ofbarefoot has much to be proud ofbarefoot has much to be proud of

Quote:
Loner, if you ever live in a place that has real transportation, you'll never look back. I love bikes and hot cars but for going to work ? Two hours a day wasted behind the wheel ? Paying $4 a gallon for gasoline, tires, insurance, tickets if you breathe wrong ?

Live somewhere that they have trains and subways and you will never want to go back. Hot cars and bikes are for fun, not for daily transportation. It's the most expensive ridiculous transportation there is.
Old 20th July 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLC1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XR1200
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
goblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to allgoblin_dust is a name known to all

Quote:
Wedge
like I said I'll take it up in the P&R section
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
Loner, if you ever live in a place that has real transportation, you'll never look back. I love bikes and hot cars but for going to work ? Two hours a day wasted behind the wheel ? Paying $4 a gallon for gasoline, tires, insurance, tickets if you breathe wrong ?

Live somewhere that they have trains and subways and you will never want to go back. Hot cars and bikes are for fun, not for daily transportation. It's the most expensive ridiculous transportation there is.
I do not agree with both of you. Being frequent traveler to Europe I can only praise its high speed train network. I wish we had same in here, although I realize that 2/3 of the country is not as densitely populated to see economic advantage of it. Still, it would be awesome if we had something like that along East and West coasts.

At the same time being a daily bike rider in NYC area I have advantage of not using that much gas, saving on tolls, not affected by traffic conditions, and most importantly not suffering from MTA outages.
Know Thy Hog