The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER & BUELL MOTORCYCLE RACING > LSR - Sporster & Buell Motorcycle Land Speed Record
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

LSR - Sporster & Buell Motorcycle Land Speed Record Discuss Sportster & Buell Motorcycle Land Speed Record events.

Members Birthdays
Lowbrow Customs
DK Customs
Sky Smith Insurance
Licks Cycles

Foxcreek Leather

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th August 2012
outside the box racing

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo 1350 XLSR
Sportster/Buell Year: 99
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Turbo 1350 XLDS project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: 883->1330 dragster
Other Motorcycle Year: 1991
bitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant future

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T. S. Eliot

TGB #8
#1999 1350 APS-PBG AMA/USFRA current
Old 4th August 2012
outside the box racing

bitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant future

apparently they have updated the seven zero seven vendetta to M2010 while i wasn't paying attention!

it is NOT a high end helmet but if it fits your head and your needs (it does mine) you cannot find ANY snell helmet this cheap...

regular price at cycle gear is 139usd, on sale now for 99usd.

i have used this helment for a year (when i wear a FF) and it works, doesn't ride weird and is pretty light. can't get hurt to bad in the back pocket anyway at this price.

Old 4th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 883 Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
debster is a name known to alldebster is a name known to alldebster is a name known to alldebster is a name known to alldebster is a name known to alldebster is a name known to alldebster is a name known to alldebster is a name known to alldebster is a name known to alldebster is a name known to alldebster is a name known to all

Donation sent! Good luck, go fast, and be safe!

RIP MrJimi... miss you.

2000 XLH 883 Hugger
Old 5th August 2012
outside the box racing

thank you debster!

you guys have helped me replace the wasted rear tire with a michelin pilot power pure

and the completely worn out front brake pads. all 4 of them. ouch.

thank you so much.

the next target is leathers from A1leathershop and entry fees.
Old 5th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250 Hammer Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Gcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond repute

Just put a little jingle in your lime, tequila and salt fund.
Be safe buddy!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading . "
--Thomas Jefferson

Hammer Performance 1250 kit w/ 30* Reverse Dome Pistons, Smash Level 883 Heads w/ 1.770 Intake/ 1.615 Exhaust & PAC Alloy Beehive Spring Pack, Impact 560 Lift Cams, Hammer Billet Aluminum Intake Manifold, Air Hammer Naked Billet Air Cleaner w/ 3" K&N Element, Mikuni HSR 42, Dynatek 2000P Ignition, Energy One Clutch w/ 15% Diaphram, Muller Power Clutch, Basanni Road Rage 2-1 Exhaust w/ 4" Performance Machine Billet Tip. Drag Specialties 8-Bolt Encapsulated Rotor, Cycle Electric Regulator and Stator.
Know Thy Hog

Old 5th August 2012
outside the box racing

thank you george - that took some of the sting out of today's cash hemorrhage!
Old 5th August 2012
outside the box racing

helmet, rear tire, front brake pads, lighting - $600 weekend. Thank you guys for all your help!

Old 5th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: xl1218rr turbo
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
rottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond reputerottenralph has a reputation beyond repute

How much do you think you need to make this happen? Do you know? Are there any parts that you need as well?
Spoiled but definitely not rotten. Started life as a black 1993, 1200 Now-1218, Home ported 2009 FI heads, Andrews N6 cams, Dyna2Ki, JMC aluminum swingarm, Chainsikle custom mid forward controls, GBC inverted front end, 3 degree wide-glide trees and 5 degree raked cups. 18x3.5 fatspoke rear with 150/60 and 21x3.5 with 120/70.
Old 5th August 2012
outside the box racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenralph View Post
How much do you think you need to make this happen? Do you know? Are there any parts that you need as well?
i guess it is time to itemize.. let's start with the easy stuff:

$650 X 2 entry fees + first class at each event
$250 X 6 class changes
$350 leathers
$600 backup cylinders
$??? extra crank assembly or complete bottom end - this i need to get to the boys in idaho immediately and just pray they can squeeze another crank job in.

PARTS NEEDED:
--------------------------
I need a crankshaft assembly that i can have prepared and ready to split the cases and swap it out in the few days i have between BUB and WOS. If anyone has one, or better yet, a set of cases with a crank in it, that they want to sell BUT can wait until october to get paid that would make it MUCH more likely that I can make all the passes and get all 8 records.

Michelin Pilot Power Pure front (120 17) and rear (180 17). I just bought a rear but the front is almost ready and i need a backup rear.

that's about it for parts that can be bought or donated. i need to make a salt legal fender that has a water tank integrated, some softail struts and fabricate the mounting bracket for the busa fairing but that is about it.
Old 5th August 2012
outside the box racing

i have been bidding on this the last couple weeks and have always been the winner but my bid didn't make reserve.

the guy has reduced the price to $700 but still more than i have in pocket right now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Harley-...item4abaa02ef1
Know Thy Hog