The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum NRHS PERFORMANCE 1  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
DRAWTOOL (64), svoracer (61), curly h (60), mosby (57), barry1967 (47), BiggyJ (47), the_MAD_Baker (46), deadeye (41), SharkMDick (39), bdbecker (31)
RYCA Motors
Fix My Hog
Progressive Suspension
Licks Cycles

Dead Creek Cycles

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th August 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH bobber
Sportster/Buell Year: 1964
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1969
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki ZX6E
Other Motorcycle Year: 1994
bobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nice
Default where to find front brake shoes

Anybody know where I can find front shoes for the 64-72 drum? Debrix is out of stock, Jireh's website is impossible to find anything on, and JP has some real idiots working sales. They keep insisting if its not on their website they don't have it, even though most partd I need I gotta call for because they keep telling me. That they can't put all their parts on the website for one reason or another. A part number would be helpful too. Thanks.
Old 8th August 2012
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 72
72 Ironhead XLH has disabled reputation

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/2400535
Old 8th August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1971
Swamp Biker is an unknown quantity at this point

I looked and looked and I couldn't find complete shoe assemblies. All I could find were linings. Part# for the linings is 41848-64. V-Twin vendors have them but I bought these: http://www.jpcycles.com/product/241-302 from J&P. They were "Superior" brand and were pretty rough and needed to be arced. Part# for complete shoes & linings is41849-64.
Old 8th August 2012

I found them,
Old 8th August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Year: 1971
Swamp Biker is an unknown quantity at this point

72, the page you referenced is for rear shoes. Up to '63 the front & rear shoes were the same. Beginning in '64 the front shoes got bigger. J&P's copy says they're front shoes but the part# (44401-49a --my parts book calls it -49b) is for the rear shoes on a '64.
Know Thy Hog

Old 8th August 2012
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Year: 1969
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLR Tribute
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1962
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1968
16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light16ouncePBR is a glorious beacon of light

I like the VTwin ones the best (of the common choices). JP's seem to have a different material.

57-63 are the same front and back. 64-72 are bigger on the front for the full drum.

http://www.vtwinmfg.com/webapp/wcs/s..._143339_143340

Do a Googles/Interwebs search on the VTwin part number and order from there. Or better yet hook up your indie...
Old 8th August 2012

looking forit
Old 8th August 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1960
brucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of lightbrucstoudt is a glorious beacon of light

my experience with j&p,is you're better off ordering from the catalog [they have a,vintage also]. they also have tech support staff to take over from the phone answerer's. you just have to go over their,head's!
72 1000cc barrels and heads, s&s 41/2'' flywheels, sifton cams, s&s super B w/ zippers thunderjet w/yost powertube, andrews gears,and shafts, competition engineering kevlar wet or dry clutch, 72 oil pump, morris magneto w/auto advance and single fire module, cycle electric generator w/electronic regulator,73 cu.in.
Old 8th August 2012

Sportster/Buell Year: 1974
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLS
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1980
ezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to beholdezmerf is a splendid one to behold

Try this guy www.sportyparts.biz
Old 9th August 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH bobber
Sportster/Buell Year: 1964
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1969
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki ZX6E
Other Motorcycle Year: 1994
bobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nicebobber58 is just really nice

Yeah I finally talked to tech guy at J&P and he found them right away. Unfortunately nobody seems to have them as Ted has them on back order with now expected date set.
Know Thy Hog