The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lowbrow Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > On the Road - Stories, Places to Stay/Eat, Places to get Help
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

On the Road - Stories, Places to Stay/Eat, Places to get Help Tell us about your latest ride or even an old one.

Members Birthdays
Licks Holiday
Sportster Specialty
Energy One Clutches
Biltwell

Figure Machine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250 Hammer Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Gcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond repute

That's sure good to hear. Next photo's should be bike and some nice back ground scenery.
Ride Safe. Enjoy the trip.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading . "
--Thomas Jefferson

Hammer Performance 1250 kit w/ 30* Reverse Dome Pistons, Smash Level 883 Heads w/ 1.770 Intake/ 1.615 Exhaust & PAC Alloy Beehive Spring Pack, Impact 560 Lift Cams, Hammer Billet Aluminum Intake Manifold, Air Hammer Naked Billet Air Cleaner w/ 3" K&N Element, Mikuni HSR 42, Dynatek 2000P Ignition, Energy One Clutch w/ 15% Diaphram, Muller Power Clutch, Basanni Road Rage 2-1 Exhaust w/ 4" Performance Machine Billet Tip. Drag Specialties 8-Bolt Encapsulated Rotor, Cycle Electric Regulator and Stator.
Old 17th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1460C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2000
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: XLH
Other Motorcycle Year: 1972
sportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond reputesportsterpaul has a reputation beyond repute

Well I just left Peter at Perry's and Lorie's, and he couldn't be in better hands. His spirits are up and I'm sure he'll be good for the balance of the trip. Hoping to ride out and catch him on the return run.
I.B.A.#26543, Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! ******** Growing old-Mandatory/ Growing up-optional. Men do not quit playing because they get old, they grow old because they quit playing
Old 17th August 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: kz750
Other Motorcycle Year: 1976
joesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant future

Plenty of room and food Paul...Your more than welcome to stay...Kim would be mad if she found out your rode halfway and turned around...besides you'll be missing out on this...

Left 2 are lake trout...right 2 are salmon..some various homegrown peppers...also have 5lbs of burger,hotdogs,brats,and a ton of other snacks...My mom also stocked her pantry with kid snacks for the girls...

Dinner is at 6...Kims party at 7..
08 XL883;HAMMER 1250,Heavy breather,Rinehart 2-1, Power Vision,Ebc floating rotor,XR1200 Nissin caliper,1200R Mastery cylinder,RK shocks,1in tank lift,wire tuck,crossroads fork brace,low rise drag bars int.wired,Goodridge Ss line,Chrome valve stem covers, and a few top secret parts..
Old 18th August 2012
an obsession handed down

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
rubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant futurerubyred has a brilliant future

damn Pete! I don't get online for 2 days and this happens! I'm so glad you're okay! Way to trudge on! The Tetons will be worth it! Ride safe my friend!

Taxes are paid!

...Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...~Robert Hunter/Jerry Garcia
Old 18th August 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Other Motorcycle Model: kz750
Other Motorcycle Year: 1976
joesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant futurejoesporty has a brilliant future

its 2 am...just got home from the party ..usa wins another who can stay up the latest challenge.....Canada made a strong effort...Pete managed to do an excellent keg stand for his first ever...will have a ton of pictures to post up later....

Breakfast in the am then its off to indy where i will be staying with pete perry lorie and the girls
Know Thy Hog

Old 18th August 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Buell Uly (sold)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: 2010 Ural Patrol(sold)
Phaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond reputePhaedrus has a reputation beyond repute

Kim's (Joe's gf) birthday party last night, these folks know how to party, first time for me doing a keg stand.

Old 18th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250 Hammer Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Gcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond repute

Now that's a party!!!
Old 18th August 2012
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Fullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud ofFullcyc has much to be proud of

Looks like a great time Pete... Glad to see your feeling well enough to get purposely inverted...

Look forward to hearing from you and if Joe, Perry, Lorrie, and the girls are tagging along with you I hope I have the opportunity to meet everyone...

My Ol'lady and I stopped at the Motorcycles on Meridian early yesterday, 6:30pm, and it wasn't too bad getting around. Went back later @ about 9:00pm and it was wall to wall bikes. I sure wouldn't want to play a Pee Wee Herman at this event... Knock one bike over and it looked as though a thousand or two more would falllow...

Ride safe all, & Have a great day, Jeff...
Old 18th August 2012
Senior Master Bolter Oner

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883R
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond reputeBrad has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you bounced back pretty well. What was worse - the morning after the accident or the morning after the party?

Ride on Pete! Have a blast and send pics!
Old 18th August 2012
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
XL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant futureXL Ed has a brilliant future

nope Ira Needles and Erb in Waterloo

I knew I knew that intersection! Right around the corner from my wicked mother-in-law.

Looks like a cool party. Ride safe
Know Thy Hog