The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Mother Road Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
hawkeye (66), Rigpa (46), petersca (35)
CV Performance
Lowbrow Customs
Get Lowered
Foxcreek Leather

Figure Machine

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2012
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: xl883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
dpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of lightdpiacentijr is a glorious beacon of light

I agree what happened to the standard and just a peanut tank motorcycle without a theme?
Old 13th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200S
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Triumph Bonneville
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
sportsterdoc has a brilliant futuresportsterdoc has a brilliant futuresportsterdoc has a brilliant futuresportsterdoc has a brilliant futuresportsterdoc has a brilliant futuresportsterdoc has a brilliant futuresportsterdoc has a brilliant futuresportsterdoc has a brilliant futuresportsterdoc has a brilliant futuresportsterdoc has a brilliant futuresportsterdoc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiacentijr View Post
I agree what happened to the standard and just a peanut tank motorcycle without a theme?
Good question, but I'd be happy with mid controls, alloy wheels, standard seat height and a 4.5 tank.
Old 13th August 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster Forty Eight
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
dmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of lightdmraco is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcardenny View Post
i got a 2004r 1200 and dont like the new sporsters, they dont seem like a sportster any more
Do you like your 2004?? those are GREAT looking bikes!!

I still love the essence of the sportster. I have had a 1996, 2005, and now a 2012.

To me they have only gotten better. Rubbermount, EFI, while still retaining the sportster look and feel.

The EFI tuning to me is hard to deal with but the bike runs so much better, especially when temps change.
Old 13th August 2012
Devoted Life Behind Barz

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

I do agree the new Sportsters have gotten better,

but nothing handles like it's glued to rails like the old rigid mounts evo's..

When life throws a curve...lean into it and open the throttle

The wind, weather, and two wheels...what else do you need??
Old 13th August 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
MacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to allMacSporty02 is a name known to all

I dunno, though, with NO trapdoor for the trannny, I'll stick with my '02
Know Thy Hog

Old 13th August 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 883/1250 XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Blast (wife's bike)
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2002
OmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really niceOmegaRunner is just really nice

I heard that the 2013 Sportsters will be powered by water cooled, electric motors that run off a 50/50 mix of ethanol and vagisil. They will finally have a good suspension, however in order to get the true Sportster feeling when you first ride it out of the dealership, the salesman whacks you in the lower spine with a sledge hammer.
Old 13th August 2012
Jester Syndicate

Sportster/Buell Model: NRHS Stage II 1250-R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Rico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond reputeRico 05R has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRunner View Post
I heard that the 2013 Sportsters will be powered by water cooled, electric motors that run off a 50/50 mix of ethanol and vagisil. They will finally have a good suspension, however in order to get the true Sportster feeling when you first ride it out of the dealership, the salesman whacks you in the lower spine with a sledge hammer.

That's some funny shit right there. Rep for you.
Old 13th August 2012
"So this is what I am."

Sportster/Buell Model: xl 883c<1212
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
chardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant futurechardhin has a brilliant future

I haven't paid attention. won't either. I am not buying one. Cant afford one at this point. I would buy a RK if I could, but would rather have that BMW I was eyeing.
Amidst the mists and coldest frosts,
With stoutest wrists and loudest boasts,
He thrusts his fists against the posts,
And still insists he sees the ghosts.

Zombie Leg Humpers M.C.
http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/group.php?groupid=90
Old 13th August 2012
Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 883L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: A barn full of bikes
stocker883l has a brilliant futurestocker883l has a brilliant futurestocker883l has a brilliant futurestocker883l has a brilliant futurestocker883l has a brilliant futurestocker883l has a brilliant futurestocker883l has a brilliant futurestocker883l has a brilliant futurestocker883l has a brilliant futurestocker883l has a brilliant futurestocker883l has a brilliant future

There seems to be no such model as the basic sportster any longer. Got to have some gimmick or "model" to sell to the sheeple. What the hell ever happened to the basic harley?
Old 13th August 2012
Senior Bike Builder

Other Motorcycle Model: Road King
Other Motorcycle Year: 2005
drd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to beholddrd1135 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRunner View Post
I heard that the 2013 Sportsters will be powered by water cooled, electric motors that run off a 50/50 mix of ethanol and vagisil.
Only a douche bag would believe this.

I suspect the basic Sportster just wasn't selling. HD is pretty good about tracking what's moving and pulling what isn't. I was very surprised to read somewhere that, according to HD, the younger market is more likely to buy a TC like a dyna or soft tail. They were surprised by this as well, but have started to cater to them with all of of this "dark" stuff. I was at the Shenandoah HD today, and they only had two new Sportsters in stock, a 48 and a 72. I assume they are getting ready for new models.
Know Thy Hog