The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Superbrace  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Electrical > Sportster Motorcycle Lighting
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Members Birthdays
Lickscycles
Ironworks Magazine
Foxcreek Leather
Superbrace

Get Lowered

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: xlch
Sportster/Buell Year: 1973
the1337aaron is on a distinguished roadthe1337aaron is on a distinguished roadthe1337aaron is on a distinguished road
Default gotta a question (headlight placement)

just wondering what everyone thinks about my headlight placement?
THIS:

OR THIS:

i think they both look good and cant decide, the top looks different and i might go that way, thanks for looking
Old 11th August 2012
Harley Engineer

the1337aaron is on a distinguished roadthe1337aaron is on a distinguished roadthe1337aaron is on a distinguished road

the top mount might not sit that high i just sat it up there for a pic.
Old 11th August 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xlh
Sportster/Buell Year: 1982
Other Motorcycle Model: FX
Other Motorcycle Year: 1976
Mosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond reputeMosey has a reputation beyond repute

Need a side pic to be sure, but I would chose the first photo. In fact, I would want the light to sit about an inch or two lower so it close to centered between the top and bottom triple trees.
Old 11th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1962
62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold62 Ironhead is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosey View Post
need a side pic to be sure, but i would chose the first photo. In fact, i would want the light to sit about an inch or two lower so it close to centered between the top and bottom triple trees.
+1
"I don't think it's nice you laughing. You see my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it..."

Check out my mule at www.62ironhead.blogspot.com or at http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/blog.php?u=57274
Old 11th August 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL77.2R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
rejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant futurerejeanprimeau has a brilliant future

You can also use a light glue on you helmet. I don't like your placement, look weird. IMO
Know Thy Hog

Old 11th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Baphomet has disabled reputation

Do you really want your headlight to be the center of attention? That is what the bottom picture does for you. If I was passing by your bike on the road the headlight is all I would notice, and I would be thinking "how odd"! Your headlight, IMHO, should blend into the bike and follow its lines, not jump out and say "look at me". A suggestion might be to mount it on the lower tree with enough bracket to bring it somewhat center.
Old 12th August 2012
Harley Engineer

ok cool yeah the mount on the lower tree looks a lil better thanks for the input guys, ill post more pics when i get it mounted
Old 12th August 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883 custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
Jimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to allJimmy_Hoffa is a name known to all

I've seen a few mounted up high like that lately. I thought about doing it my self but could figure out how to mount it. Yeah, it looks different, but who wants to be a sheeple? Isn't that what building choppers is all about? Far out ideas and things nobody else has done yet?