The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
Motor Stage
Progressive Suspension
NRHS Performance Long 2
883 Sportster

Energy One Clutches

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th August 2012
outside the box racing

Sportster/Buell Model: Turbo 1350 XLSR
Sportster/Buell Year: 99
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Turbo 1350 XLDS project
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2000
Other Motorcycle Model: 883->1330 dragster
Other Motorcycle Year: 1991
bitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant future
Default no reach around, no lube, i don't like this

ebayer jparrot88, i really hope you are not a regular here....

i paid what you were asking for what you described.

granted, after listing the stuff for a month you dropped the price to a point i put my bonneville trip in jeopardy by snapping it up. but regardless of the price, i expect to get what i paid for. ESPECIALLY when i told you that it was to be my spare engine for bonneville and that it was being shipped to Hammer Dan.. did you really think that we would not notice?

blazing deal in question:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320958639857...#ht_504wt_1397
Quote:

Up for bid:
  • 2002 sportster Xl 1200 Case - (1991-2003)- will come with bill of sale. very clean, not a salvage or wreck. all bushings and bearings in tact
  • Engine Stand included
  • 2000 sportster Xl 1200 crank, balanced and true. all threads are still perfect
  • 883 heads, previously used with 1200 conversion, clean, works well, ready to bolt on
  • Front and rear inner rocker boxes, with rocker arms in both (rear rocker has small scratch on corner)
  • 1996 sportster xl 1200 5 Speed transmssion, came out of a running bike, comes with shifter arm and necessary components
  • 2002 sportster Xl 1200 "D" cams, (not pictured)
  • All 4 pushrods
  • All 4 chrome pushrod tubes
  • primary chain

Was going to build a motor but don't have the time. All parts are very clean and I can send more pictures of anything. The case will include a bill of sale at time of shipment. Shipping will be made in multiple boxes, all fully insured, delivery confirmation, and tracking.
the crank was out at the wheel by .004. not, NOT true.

cases had been pried apart with a screwdriver damaging the mating surfaces...

not sure how the cases and crank and whatever parts got send to Dan were packed but the boxes i got had 20-30lb parts shoved in a priority box with one piece of tape. of course when they got to me the boxes were shredded and who knows what is where.

i still have not seen the bill of sale for the cases.

i surely hope jparrot88 is not an xlfer. talk about a buddy -I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!-.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR........

when i politely told him that i felt he had misrepresented the items he said 'sorry for the misrepresentation'.

WTF!?

so i then flat out told him that he lied and screwed me. he responded by saying 'well what are you thinking? maybe we can work something out.'

so what do i say?

I HAVE to run take the damn thing to bonneville. I MUST have a spare. So sending the mess back is not an option.

clarification: the bottom end is back together, albeit in damaged condition, with a crank that Dan had to re-true and i am going to run it; I have no choice.

but again... WTF!?

i am at a loss. i hate being put over a barrel.

what do i do?

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T. S. Eliot

TGB #8
#1999 1350 APS-PBG AMA/USFRA current
Old 18th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1993
Other Motorcycle Model: Moto Guzzi California EV
Other Motorcycle Year: 1998
jharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond reputejharback has a reputation beyond repute

Drive on man. Think of the GOAL! It's running at Bonneville. Remember that. Worry about the small shit afterwards. Keep your mind on the goal.

Jim in Italy
'93 1200
4"Extended Jaybrake Forward Controls
Wide Wishbone Girder Front End
Super E Carb w/Forcewinder Air Cleaner
WetDreamz Pipes
Holographic Metal Flake Paint Job
Four Piston Jaybrake Calipers front & back
16" Carlini Apes
Old 18th August 2012
outside the box racing

bitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant futurebitpusher has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharback View Post
Drive on man. Think of the GOAL! It's running at Bonneville. Remember that. Worry about the small shit afterwards. Keep your mind on the goal.
i am trying brother....

i forgot to mention the primary cover i bought from jparrot88, which i have had for a week...

was described as clean and when i got it i was scratching my head a little bit because it had been sandblasted but whatever, i am going to scotchbrite it anyway..

so i get to buffing it up and it becomes clear that some jackwad had attempted something, polishing perhaps, with a screwdriver maybe , and when i went to buff out the surfaces all of the gouges or rather depressions become painfully apparent. so now i have even more work.

thanks, jparrot88.

just kidding... -I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!- you.
Old 18th August 2012
Senior Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: Harley Ultra Classic
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
gusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to all

You can still leave negative feedback if things don't work out.
2002 XL 1200 SE A/C & SE mufflers Mustang seat, Harley Hard Bags, Detachable Backrest w/Luggage Rack Kuryakyn Stop/Turn Signal Controller w/pulse brake, Pegs and Stirrups, Forward Controls, Memphis Fats Windshield
Old 18th August 2012
outside the box racing

feedback?! more like a buyer's protection claim.

right now i am simply in a pure state of pissed off. maybe i will calm down and work things out but i just don't have time or energy for it now. but it irks me to get played.

you don't play a playa and get away with it, feel?

Know Thy Hog

Old 18th August 2012
Senior Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Other Motorcycle Model: Harley Ultra Classic
Other Motorcycle Year: 2007
gusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to allgusotto is a name known to all

The feedback remark was made because it gives leverage for the seller to make it right.
He has 100% positive so he would want to protect the good feedback.

Last time I sold, eBay had changed the feedback so the seller can't give the buyer negative feedback. I don't care for that change but it does give you leverage for a satisfactory sale.
Old 18th August 2012
Devoted Life Behind Barz

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitpusher View Post
i am trying brother....

i forgot to mention the primary cover i bought from jparrot88, which i have had for a week...

was described as clean and when i got it i was scratching my head a little bit because it had been sandblasted but whatever, i am going to scotchbrite it anyway..

so i get to buffing it up and it becomes clear that some jackwad had attempted something, polishing perhaps, with a screwdriver maybe , and when i went to buff out the surfaces all of the gouges or rather depressions become painfully apparent. so now i have even more work.

thanks, jparrot88.

just kidding... -I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!--I LUV XLF!- you.

Should've been your first clue NOT to buy from this seller again...Oh Well, live learn.., new engine will make for a nice paperweight...
Old 18th August 2012
Red Beard Cycles

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH-1208
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
ReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond reputeReddTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Since the crank was not true, have him make restitution for the crank. Which is clearly inacurate.

States I've Ridden in

71.3 hp 70.8 tq

1208cc 11.09:1 (Wiseco 10° Dome 10.5:1 .010 over) ,Screamin Eagle Dual Plug Heads (10° 61cc), Original SE A/C, Vance & Hines Straight Shots w/ Custom Baffles. SE 6800 ign, Dual BREMBO brakes/ Pirelli Night Dragon MU85-16 Rear - 100/90-19 Front. Progressive Springs & 412 HD 13½" Chrome Shocks, 5½" pullback riser w/ "reddtigger mount", Stebel Nautilus Compact Air horn, Mustang Vintage Super Wide Touring Seat, Alto Carbonite Clutch
Old 18th August 2012
Devoted Life Behind Barz

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

I see 100% feedback-on this seller??? Why??

Sorry (Not Really) but, Two negative feedbacks should be in order here...Both can play that game..Specially after placing inaccurate ads??
Old 18th August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1250 Hammer Hugger
Sportster/Buell Year: 1997
Gcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond reputeGcram399 has a reputation beyond repute

Just use all of E-bay's protections (no lube???). I've been fully refunded by the E-Bay/ Paypal system and didn't have to return the item and I've negotiated partial refunds with the sellers.
Clearly this doesn't help you out at the moment but as always you will trudge on.
Keep on, movin on!!!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading . "
--Thomas Jefferson

Hammer Performance 1250 kit w/ 30* Reverse Dome Pistons, Smash Level 883 Heads w/ 1.770 Intake/ 1.615 Exhaust & PAC Alloy Beehive Spring Pack, Impact 560 Lift Cams, Hammer Billet Aluminum Intake Manifold, Air Hammer Naked Billet Air Cleaner w/ 3" K&N Element, Mikuni HSR 42, Dynatek 2000P Ignition, Energy One Clutch w/ 15% Diaphram, Muller Power Clutch, Basanni Road Rage 2-1 Exhaust w/ 4" Performance Machine Billet Tip. Drag Specialties 8-Bolt Encapsulated Rotor, Cycle Electric Regulator and Stator.
Know Thy Hog