The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle General Discussion and Problems For discussing problems about your Sportster motorcycle that don't fit anywhere else.

Members Birthdays
black pearl (70), SDREDD (53), pig (51), BonRu (49), cbass (41), ssm7530 (39), SxysCowboy (31)
Motor Stage
NHRS Performance
Get Lowered
Energy One Clutches

Motor Stage

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st August 2012
Senior Master Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N (Sold)
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: FXDL
Other Motorcycle Year: 2014
motorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud ofmotorend has much to be proud of

I see their still running the 96 in some models.
Old 21st August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883 SOLD
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
lfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorend View Post
I see their still running the 96 in some models.
Just 2, Street Bob and Super Glide Custom
Old 21st August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200L
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
Skeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfvc77 View Post
Another year of thr Roadglide custom, I keep my hopes.
The RGC isn't going away in the near future.
And boy do I love mine.
Old 21st August 2012
Biker

Skeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really niceSkeezix is just really nice

They sure have cut back on the Sporty line.
Old 21st August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XL883 SOLD
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Kawasaki Ninja 250R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2012
lfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud oflfvc77 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
They sure have cut back on the Sporty line.
Compare it to 2007 line: std, 883L,883C, 883R, 1200L, 1200C, 1200R, 1200N and XL50. That was a good year.
Know Thy Hog

Old 21st August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 02
mike1200 is on a distinguished roadmike1200 is on a distinguished road

I like (sarcastically) hoe they are just following the trends of the custom world. Pick up a copy of The Horse and you will see this has been going on forever. I guess their leaving the OCC un-ride-able chopper phase behind. I guess any good business should follow the trends in order to make money, but it would be nice to see them set their own.
Old 21st August 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883
Sportster/Buell Model #2: SX 250
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1975
Other Motorcycle Model: Triumph America
Other Motorcycle Year: 2002
Tin Man 2 has much to be proud ofTin Man 2 has much to be proud ofTin Man 2 has much to be proud ofTin Man 2 has much to be proud ofTin Man 2 has much to be proud ofTin Man 2 has much to be proud ofTin Man 2 has much to be proud ofTin Man 2 has much to be proud ofTin Man 2 has much to be proud ofTin Man 2 has much to be proud ofTin Man 2 has much to be proud of

Another dissapointing model year, When will I ever learn. No Sporty Sportster, No Buell Blast replacement, No water cooled Bagger. I guess Metalic paint and real Bronze badging taxed the R+D department to the Max. What a JOKE the MoCo has become!! Bring on the Victories, I'm tired of this crap.
Old 21st August 2012
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Other Motorcycle Model: '72 XS650 Yamaha
CBryant is a glorious beacon of lightCBryant is a glorious beacon of lightCBryant is a glorious beacon of lightCBryant is a glorious beacon of lightCBryant is a glorious beacon of lightCBryant is a glorious beacon of lightCBryant is a glorious beacon of lightCBryant is a glorious beacon of lightCBryant is a glorious beacon of lightCBryant is a glorious beacon of lightCBryant is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Another dissapointing model year, When will I ever learn. No Sporty Sportster, No Buell Blast replacement, No water cooled Bagger. I guess Metalic paint and real Bronze badging taxed the R+D department to the Max. What a JOKE the MoCo has become!! Bring on the Victories, I'm tired of this crap.
I don't want to agree with you, but there's no other choice. To add insult to injury: Harley is micro managing their dealerships so that customers are stuck with mediocre sales and service. I too am disgusted with a new color on yesterdays motorcycle. What's that saying? You can put a pig in a dress, but you still have a pig.

I really like my XL1200L but Harley needs to evolve a little faster than a snails pace. Period
Old 21st August 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki GN400
Other Motorcycle Year: 1980
merc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud ofmerc has much to be proud of

Iike the front wheel on the 1200c
and the Softail Blackline is cool looking.
Old 21st August 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200V "72"
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Other Motorcycle Model: CB750
Other Motorcycle Year: 1978
Angryphoenix is just really niceAngryphoenix is just really niceAngryphoenix is just really niceAngryphoenix is just really niceAngryphoenix is just really niceAngryphoenix is just really niceAngryphoenix is just really niceAngryphoenix is just really niceAngryphoenix is just really niceAngryphoenix is just really niceAngryphoenix is just really nice

I was expecting more for this anniversary. The 72 in green is pretty sick looking. Noticed you can get colored(red) rims on the Street bob.