The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Motor / Engine > Sportster Motorcycle Engine Conversions
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Engine Conversions Advice, questions, and tips for 1200, 1250, 1340, 1450 etc... for Sportster and Buell motorcycle engine conversions

Members Birthdays
excel50 (73), blazer95 (64), mycle1000 (59), Barryn37 (53), QBALL (53), paulieb (52), cfranz (41), BMXATV (40), ravyn3 (35), Texas_Wild, hillpope (32)
Biltwell
NRHS Performance Long 2
Licks Holiday
Ironworks Magazine

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2014
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200S Rat bike
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1974
parsons913 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default buell jugs and pistons/ 883 heads

OK I've researched and have received great knowledge about what compression to expect (12.1:1) from Aaron at Hammer Performance, with bolting the XB12 cylinders and pistons to stock 883 heads. Has anyone done this? i know the compression is WAY up there but this bike is going to be run in the street et class at the strip so race fuel is fine. what other concerns are there? The bike is a 2007 883R fuel injected, screamin eagle breather and stock exhaust with no baffles with lollipops.
I'll be converting (ie 1250) during the off season, but came across a sweet deal (free) on the cylinder and pistons. i want to assemble a package that works together when i do the "real" conversion, so I really don't want to spend money on parts I'll just have to replace later. Also been thinking about E85 as a fuel seeing how the bike will be mainly track use.
Thanks for the help
Old 16th April 2014
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
hairy is just really nicehairy is just really nicehairy is just really nicehairy is just really nicehairy is just really nicehairy is just really nicehairy is just really nicehairy is just really nicehairy is just really nicehairy is just really nicehairy is just really nice

I would worry about valves colliding with big cams and 883 heads.
Why the exhaust choice? Pretty bad combo and stock heads?
is it a budget thing?
Old 16th April 2014
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200S Rat bike
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1974
parsons913 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was told with stock cams clearance shouldn't be an issue. Budget for now. I will be adding better intake and exhaust shortly (gotta finish the sunroom). I figured it might be fun with race fuel. If I did the conversion now it would be a basic 1250 setup for 883 heads and I'd be changing the pistons out once I do the XB heads and cams later. Figured I could save some coin and still have a little fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk