The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Lickscycles  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Styles > Cafe Racer Sportster Motorcycle Talk
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Cafe Racer Sportster Motorcycle Talk Sleek, fast and cool. Discuss your Cafe Racer Sportster Motorcycle

Members Birthdays
seajay, Hugh Betcha (68), jimhd89 (65), JayFL459 (65), Big Al (58), dakota_dj (57), 10walt (55), kiltbill (55), timsvalk (54), horsewriter (49), Benetampa (37)
DK Customs
Bison Motorsports
Biltwell
883 Sportster

RYCA Motors

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: 883c
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
sikk50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydaze View Post
im sure it cuts more wind now but i like it better before . but i like the mad max look not the soa club style look .
dont kill me for the soa comment
I appreciate that. I understand the way you like it. I grew up in one of the areas SOA bitt their style from and this is what I like. Most of them run taller risers but it make my shoulders hurt so I'm stuck at 8.5. I still liked the style and wanted a taller fairing. The mad max deal put all the wind into my helmet. I run a full face so it was annoying, switching to taller puts it above my helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 041200r View Post
Please explain how you "lifted it". Maybe some pictures. Thanks

No pics needed. I had the Arlen ness relo block, really only lifts it an inch and moves it forward two inches. I removed the bolt that comes through the bottom clamp. Replaced it with a 6" bolt, I put 4 one inch chrome spacers from Lowes over that bolt then the Arlen ness block ontop of that. Left me with ~5" of lift and ~2" of forward.
Old 18th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: iron 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
beanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura about

I have a nightrod fairing but really want a ness/harey or rifle. Anyone willing to trade? I have stuff to sweeten the deal but not much cash.
Old 19th June 2012
Senior Chief Know It All 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200r
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: kenny boyce custom
sonnydaze is a name known to allsonnydaze is a name known to allsonnydaze is a name known to allsonnydaze is a name known to allsonnydaze is a name known to allsonnydaze is a name known to allsonnydaze is a name known to allsonnydaze is a name known to allsonnydaze is a name known to allsonnydaze is a name known to allsonnydaze is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikk50 View Post
I appreciate that. I understand the way you like it. I grew up in one of the areas SOA bitt their style from and this is what I like. Most of them run taller risers but it make my shoulders hurt so I'm stuck at 8.5. I still liked the style and wanted a taller fairing. The mad max deal put all the wind into my helmet. I run a full face so it was annoying, switching to taller puts it above my helmet.
you grew up around dallas texas ? ive seen that style since 1985 here . my wife and best friend is from cali and i hear how everything is better there and started there blah blah blah
texas style is more like mine
Old 26th June 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: 883Low > 1200Lower
Sportster/Buell Year: 2001
artkrhymes2 has a spectacular aura aboutartkrhymes2 has a spectacular aura aboutartkrhymes2 has a spectacular aura aboutartkrhymes2 has a spectacular aura aboutartkrhymes2 has a spectacular aura aboutartkrhymes2 has a spectacular aura aboutartkrhymes2 has a spectacular aura aboutartkrhymes2 has a spectacular aura aboutartkrhymes2 has a spectacular aura aboutartkrhymes2 has a spectacular aura aboutartkrhymes2 has a spectacular aura about

Old 13th July 2012
Biker

beanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura aboutbeanerblank has a spectacular aura about

^ Very nice!!!

Okay so I got a ness fairing in a trade but I think its for a wide glide. Sooo anyone with a 48 that wants a ness with a cracked windshield want to trade for a narrowglide !?!?!?!
Know Thy Hog

Old 21st August 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
MatthewLee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sep69 View Post

Here's my new fairing. Got it from ebay.
After my 1250 conversion I found myself rinding a lot faster all the time so I got this fairing. It really does help against the wind and I like the look too.
No idea how to fit this into the bobber style bike I had in mind when I bought it though
What size screw did you use on the 3 holes that mount the fairing to the mount? The one we have came with the "mounting hardware" but no screws to attach the damn fairing to the mount...
Old 22nd August 2012
Quadcam girlybike racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL "NHRS 1250" R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda vf750c
Other Motorcycle Year: 1995
sep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewLee View Post
What size screw did you use on the 3 holes that mount the fairing to the mount? The one we have came with the "mounting hardware" but no screws to attach the damn fairing to the mount...
Hey Matthew,
My fairing came with the screws and i don't remember what size they were when I installed it. They might even be metric. Did you buy the fairing from China on ebay ?
I can check it for you if you can wait a few days.
My tools are in a location not very near to my house and I go there next Saturday.
Old 22nd August 2012
Quadcam girlybike racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL "NHRS 1250" R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2003
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda vf750c
Other Motorcycle Year: 1995
sep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of lightsep69 is a glorious beacon of light

Ok I did check it out for you today anyway. Have a bit of a sore back so I couldn't go training and I went for a ride instead

The screw is 1/4" and the head 5/16th.
The screw also fit in the M6 hole though so it might be that but I would get a 1/4 screw if I were you.
Old 22nd August 2012
SkySmith

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
skysmith is a glorious beacon of lightskysmith is a glorious beacon of lightskysmith is a glorious beacon of lightskysmith is a glorious beacon of lightskysmith is a glorious beacon of lightskysmith is a glorious beacon of lightskysmith is a glorious beacon of lightskysmith is a glorious beacon of lightskysmith is a glorious beacon of lightskysmith is a glorious beacon of lightskysmith is a glorious beacon of light

I installed the Arlen Ness narrow glide 1/4 fairing on my XL883C. Used two small flat brackets (3 1/2 inches) to raise the headlight, two HD Quick disconnect clamps and angle brackets to mount to forks and it just needs painted now. Check my vatar photo for a quick view. If I could figure out the photo up load could add more.
Old 23rd August 2012
Biker

Well I decided to install a WG ness on my sporty (got in a trade) Windsheild is cracked, but 200mph tape will fix anything! I sped $30 on hardware, still seeing if I like it.

Know Thy Hog