The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
excel50 (73), blazer95 (64), mycle1000 (59), Barryn37 (53), QBALL (53), paulieb (52), cfranz (41), BMXATV (40), ravyn3 (35), Texas_Wild, hillpope (32)
Biltwell
DK Customs
Bison Motorsports
NHRS Performance

NRHS Performance Long 2

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th August 2008
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW R1150R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
bigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattbastard View Post
Don't ride quickly over the painted arrows in a round-a-bout.
So is riding over man holes in the rain, in a corner. Whew.. learned that one the hard way
Old 8th August 2008
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200C Sportster
Mischka has disabled reputation

[QUOTE=Casper;1403875]Lesson for the week: for every one day of vacation taken, two days of work accumulate. This includes statutory holidays, although I still can't figure out how.

No doubt. I took off yesterday to go riding and came back to almost 50 e-mails and 5 voice mail messages. Ugh.

What I learned this week is you're never too old or too frail to enjoy life.
Old 8th August 2008
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: SXL883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2002
Rascal has disabled reputation

It's Friday, I've learned that this week is much like all the previous weeks & I understand better each passing day why I started the thread topics that I have done.
Old 8th August 2008
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
cgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to all

PS I learned that a 4 beer lunch with wurst and schitzel is a good thing

Patriot Guard NY Region 2
SAL SQN 366 Honor Guard Color Guard
Old 8th August 2008
Devoted Life Behind Barz

Sportster/Buell Model: Highly modified 1200 c
Sportster/Buell Year: 01
Other Motorcycle Model: FLHX H-D Street glide
Other Motorcycle Year: 2013
xllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond reputexllent01 has a reputation beyond repute

How a better than average sporty rider........... can outrun a 600cc sportbike in the twisty's with no problems at all.......

Or maybe he was just beside himself watching in amazement that a Harley rider could take a sporty hot into a corner(s)
and wonder how it can stick as good as it did without ever running off the road.........

Oh well it was fun, that's how i spent my afternoon............ time for a few cold beers on TGIF!!

When life throws a curve...lean into it and open the throttle

The wind, weather, and two wheels...what else do you need??
Know Thy Hog

Old 8th August 2008
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: gone
Sportster/Buell Year: 05
Quebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond reputeQuebeker has a reputation beyond repute

I learned that 40000lbs of fish guts stinks like Hell and you'll need to wash out the trailer more than once (or twice) before somebody agrees to load you with frozen pizzas.
Old 8th August 2008
Senior Chief Know It All 3rd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
cgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to allcgp-1200R is a name known to all

ok 400000 lbs of fish guts yikes that has to smell really really bad, and what does one do with 40000 lbs of fish guts. ?
Old 8th August 2008
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 2nd Class

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200N
jamez1965 is just really nicejamez1965 is just really nicejamez1965 is just really nicejamez1965 is just really nicejamez1965 is just really nicejamez1965 is just really nicejamez1965 is just really nicejamez1965 is just really nicejamez1965 is just really nicejamez1965 is just really nicejamez1965 is just really nice

I learned that, when riding Sportsters, if the leader has no instrumentation, expect to see triple-digit mph.

I also learned the local Vespa dealer does not carry an extensive line of Vespa helmets as I'd hope!!
Old 8th August 2008
Senior Chief Harley Engineer 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 883C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
dashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant futuredashadow has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Oh, and I'm now a fan of the Brazilian women's synchronized swim team. http://withleather.uproxx.com/post.phtml?pk=6572
I learned that I too am a fan of twins.
Old 8th August 2008
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 833C
powellsanmiguel will become famous soon enoughpowellsanmiguel will become famous soon enoughpowellsanmiguel will become famous soon enoughpowellsanmiguel will become famous soon enoughpowellsanmiguel will become famous soon enoughpowellsanmiguel will become famous soon enoughpowellsanmiguel will become famous soon enoughpowellsanmiguel will become famous soon enough
Default Ewwwwwww!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgp-1200R View Post
ok 400000 lbs of fish guts yikes that has to smell really really bad, and what does one do with 40000 lbs of fish guts. ?

I expect you hire someone like our associate to take them as far away as reasonably possible. That is what I do whenever I notice 40000 lbs of fish guts nearby.

Also I wonder if they use special teflon paint in roundabouts and on manhole covers. It could explain quite a bit.