The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Energy One Clutches  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
black pearl (70), SDREDD (53), pig (51), BonRu (49), cbass (41), ssm7530 (39), SxysCowboy (31)
NRHS Performance Long 2
Fix My Hog
Figure Machine
Energy One Clutches

Energy One Clutches
Tags
bobber, nightster, nightster rsd venturi

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th June 2012
Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
Captain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to all

rocking an 883 tank until my 48 tank gets here. bobbed the rear fender a bit (about 2 1/2 inches). will re-paint it this winter but for now i think i'll just do the flat black thing but i bought some pin striping paint and a couple brushes so who knows...

here's the beginning of what i'm doing to my helmet too but it's not finished. first time i've ever messed with pin striping. i have to say it's pretty damn hard...

Old 27th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: I WANT a 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 00
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki SV650
Johnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really nice

Actually, that 883 tank looks really good (to me).
Old 27th June 2012
Harley Engineer

Captain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to allCaptain Awesomepants is a name known to all

the color is really nice. think i might go with something close to it but with a lot more flake for the whole thing this winter.

here's a better rear view with the new tag mount and lights...

Last edited by Captain Awesomepants; 27th June 2012 at 04:26.. Reason: add pic
Old 27th June 2012
Chief Know It All

Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
td67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura abouttd67mustang has a spectacular aura about

Man I love the orange, hate to see it go.. Liking the lines though.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 27th June 2012
Biker

Rudy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesomepants View Post
rocking an 883 tank until my 48 tank gets here. bobbed the rear fender a bit (about 2 1/2 inches). will re-paint it this winter but for now i think i'll just do the flat black thing but i bought some pin striping paint and a couple brushes so who knows...

here's the beginning of what i'm doing to my helmet too but it's not finished. first time i've ever messed with pin striping. i have to say it's pretty damn hard...

Hey Captain Awsomepants, I like the look of the bobbed rear fender, just wondering if you can post a eye level side shot (side profile). almost like the first pic, but lower. if that's possible.

Thanks.
Know Thy Hog

Old 27th June 2012
Biker

Johnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really niceJohnny5 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy12 View Post
Hey Captain Awsomepants, I like the look of the bobbed rear fender, just wondering if you can post a eye level side shot (side profile). almost like the first pic, but lower. if that's possible.

Thanks.
+1
Side shot please from the exhaust side. And I know I said this already but I am really digging that tank as is.
Old 27th June 2012
Harley Engineer

Here ya go...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 27th June 2012
Harley Engineer

I actually wanted to cut it shorter but had to leave it long enough to keep the fender support bracket so my lady can still ride with me. I trimmed a little off the bracket too so it didn't showed from the back. Made it about a quarter in offset after the fender was cut off pretty much even with it before. After she gets het bike then its getting bobbed more.

Old 27th June 2012
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Nightster 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 2008
black_ice_02 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesomepants View Post
I actually wanted to cut it shorter but had to leave it long enough to keep the fender support bracket so my lady can still ride with me. I trimmed a little off the bracket too so it didn't showed from the back. Made it about a quarter in offset after the fender was cut off pretty much even with it before. After she gets het bike then its getting bobbed more.

bike looks great! does your tank lift also push your tank forward? mine decreased the area between seat and tank, where your has a gap covered by the hanky. i remember your orange tank had that as well.

also curious on how the gf likes riding with the fender chopped, debating on cutting mine there but didn't want to mess with her. she won't be getting her own bike anytime soon. lol keep up the good work! like the helmet!
Old 27th June 2012
Biker

Nice... me likey. That, drag bars (although those bars look pretty good too) and a 16" fat front wheel and mid-controls would be my ideal bike. Dammit, I just sold my SV so I have nothing to ride now because I'm saving up for a Sportster. Lurking on this site is screwing me up... lol. I'll probably end up with a used Nightster before the summer is out.
Know Thy Hog