The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Licks Tanklift  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Seating and Luggage Here is where you post discussions about seating and luggage

Members Birthdays
NRHS Performance Long 2
Licks Cycles
BIKE BUILDER
Get Lowered

NHRS Performance

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th September 2009
Biker

skinz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New tall sissy bar

Here's my nightster with the new tall sissy bar offered by harley. I dig it, its detachable too. What do you guys think? I am aware of the ridiculousness that is my hand grips. They don't go with anything on my bike and I love them.

Old 13th September 2009
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: xlc 1200 sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
daggar rider is a name known to alldaggar rider is a name known to alldaggar rider is a name known to alldaggar rider is a name known to alldaggar rider is a name known to alldaggar rider is a name known to alldaggar rider is a name known to alldaggar rider is a name known to alldaggar rider is a name known to alldaggar rider is a name known to alldaggar rider is a name known to all

i think yr bike is all over the place....that being said, if you like it, then good shit.

i know with my current set up there are alot of folks that look at my bike and say "why?" but i love it and thats all i care about.
Old 13th September 2009
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 883
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: BMW R1150R
Other Motorcycle Year: 2004
bigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to allbigjnsa is a name known to all

skinz, is there the ability to mount a luggage rack to it?

When we ask for advice, we are usually looking for an accomplice.
Marquis de la Grange (1639 - 1692)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 13th September 2009
Biker

skinz is an unknown quantity at this point

it is all over the place, but then again, so am i! I'm assuming I could mount a luggage rack to it..
Old 13th September 2009
Flat Track Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 883R
Sportster/Buell Year: 2007
Other Motorcycle Model: Suzuki SV650S
Other Motorcycle Year: 2003
donniej has a spectacular aura aboutdonniej has a spectacular aura aboutdonniej has a spectacular aura aboutdonniej has a spectacular aura aboutdonniej has a spectacular aura aboutdonniej has a spectacular aura aboutdonniej has a spectacular aura aboutdonniej has a spectacular aura aboutdonniej has a spectacular aura aboutdonniej has a spectacular aura aboutdonniej has a spectacular aura about

Looks great!

I can't say I care for the orange grips though

Old 13th September 2009
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: sportster xlh 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1990
sgvrider is an unknown quantity at this point

only you know what looks good on your bike, i think it looks good and the grips match the tail lights.
Old 14th September 2009
XL Forum Gold Supporting Vendor

Sportster/Buell Model: XL
Sportster/Buell Year: 2005
Other Motorcycle Model: 02 SV gone but not forgot
ozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to beholdozark is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinz View Post
Here's my nightster with the new tall sissy bar offered by harley. I dig it, its detachable too. What do you guys think? I am aware of the ridiculousness that is my hand grips. They don't go with anything on my bike and I love them.

Works for me,

I like the old school sissy bars.

Ozark

Old 14th September 2009
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200c
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
darett is just really nicedarett is just really nicedarett is just really nicedarett is just really nicedarett is just really nicedarett is just really nicedarett is just really nicedarett is just really nicedarett is just really nicedarett is just really nicedarett is just really nice

its cool, I just dont like the insert bracket. It would look better if it was all open IMO
Old 14th September 2009
Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Model: 883xl<1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 08
Sportster/Buell Model #2: xlh 883
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1986
Other Motorcycle Model: roadster xl1200r
Other Motorcycle Year: 05
desert rat is a jewel in the roughdesert rat is a jewel in the roughdesert rat is a jewel in the roughdesert rat is a jewel in the roughdesert rat is a jewel in the roughdesert rat is a jewel in the roughdesert rat is a jewel in the roughdesert rat is a jewel in the roughdesert rat is a jewel in the roughdesert rat is a jewel in the roughdesert rat is a jewel in the rough

I want to get one they didn't have one last time I was @ the dealer I just need to get online and order it
Old 14th September 2009
Land Speed Record

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883/1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Old_Goat57 is a jewel in the roughOld_Goat57 is a jewel in the roughOld_Goat57 is a jewel in the roughOld_Goat57 is a jewel in the roughOld_Goat57 is a jewel in the roughOld_Goat57 is a jewel in the roughOld_Goat57 is a jewel in the roughOld_Goat57 is a jewel in the roughOld_Goat57 is a jewel in the roughOld_Goat57 is a jewel in the roughOld_Goat57 is a jewel in the rough

I like it - I am not normally a fan of those kind of pullback risers & bars, but I like how it looks on that bike.

The sissy bar looks nice too - gave me ideas for mine, and that mount cross-bar offers options to mount other things to it, like a dagger or other emblem.

It's got a bit of the "1970's outlaw" look to it

The nick has nothing to do with my age or farm animals...
Know Thy Hog