The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

EFI Sportster Motorcycle Talk (2007 and up) For 2007 and above Sportsters

Members Birthdays
seajay, Hugh Betcha (68), jimhd89 (65), JayFL459 (65), Big Al (58), dakota_dj (57), 10walt (55), kiltbill (55), timsvalk (54), horsewriter (49), Benetampa (37)
Progressive Suspension
Fix My Hog
NRHS Performance Long 2
Motor Stage

Bison Motorsports

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th September 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200X "48"
Sportster/Buell Year: 2010
Hutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of light

Speaking of stickers... I was bored in the garage today and was sick of looking at the lame factory cleared tank decals.

I traced out a template of the side of the tank and cut out a decal for each side.

I used some left over black vinyl from my motocross number plate backgrounds.

Looks pretty good for now, until I decide my tank situation. Best part is it cost me nothing, and zero downtime.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk
Old 6th September 2012
Flat Track Racer

Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
YOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura about

So I was doing my usual Craigslist troll and came across a 2 up seat for sale. They said it was a factory seat but I knew it wasn't. I ended up scoring this Sundowner seat for $90. It's not as ugly as I expected, didn't ride on it yet but it's like a couch. This will ONLY be used when taking the girlfriend out or if I'm going on a long ride and decide to be a bitch about it lol. Pretty happy with my score.

Old 6th September 2012
Flat Track Racer

YOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura aboutYOURADHERE has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch08 View Post
Speaking of stickers... I was bored in the garage today and was sick of looking at the lame factory cleared tank decals.

I traced out a template of the side of the tank and cut out a decal for each side.

I used some left over black vinyl from my motocross number plate backgrounds.

Looks pretty good for now, until I decide my tank situation. Best part is it cost me nothing, and zero downtime.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

I didn't see your reply last night but that looks alot better.
Old 7th September 2012
Drag Race Champion

Sportster/Buell Model: 48
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Sportster/Buell Model #2: FLD Switchback
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 2012
Other Motorcycle Year: 1979
CrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to beholdCrazyQuady is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOURADHERE View Post
So I was doing my usual Craigslist troll and came across a 2 up seat for sale. They said it was a factory seat but I knew it wasn't. I ended up scoring this Sundowner seat for $90. It's not as ugly as I expected, didn't ride on it yet but it's like a couch. This will ONLY be used when taking the girlfriend out or if I'm going on a long ride and decide to be a bitch about it lol. Pretty happy with my score.

For some reason your pics never show up for me, but if I quote your post I can see the photobucket link. What gives?
Old 7th September 2012
Flat Track Racer

No idea. You're not the first person to have problems with my photobucker pics.
Know Thy Hog

Old 10th September 2012
Chief Harley Engineer

Hutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of lightHutch08 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOURADHERE View Post

No lie that thing is U-G-L-Y.. haha, even uglier than the Roadster seat on my 48. I was about to start pulling staples and get out the electric turkey knife to narrow it a bit and remove some foam from the driver's area... but Biltwell just posted this on their facebook.

I just sold my matching pillion for my Roughcraft solo seat... It looked great, but totally useless. It was like sitting on a wallet, thats about how soft and big it was. That Biltwell looks to be exactly what I'm after, it'll be offered in diamond stitch too!
Old 11th September 2012
Flat Track Racer

You're not telling me anything I don't know. It is indeed ugly but this will only be used on very rare occassions. And the Phantom suction cup seat I have is like that Roughcraft setup you had, not much to it at all and she hated it. We're supposed to go ride tonight so we'll see. I'll take a picture with the detatchable sissy bar and all that crap that way you can really get a laugh. It'll probably look goofy.

I saw that Biltwell too. Funny thing was just a few days ago I was thinking that a cobra style seat would look pretty good, I actually had been looking for one to attempt to modify it. No need to even bother anymore. I think they said they're expecting it be around $225 which is not bad at all. Depending on reviews on them when they come out I might pick one up(diamond stitch of course). That way I have a few options....Bare Bones for everyday use, Biltwell for 2up around town BS, and the Sundowner for trips/long rides 2up and all that crap.
Old 12th September 2012
Flat Track Racer

Couch mode....

Damn it's ugly but if it'll get the gf to ride and enjoy it then I'll just use it for 2 up. Personally I didn't find that my seating was much more comfortable than my Bare Bones.

Old 12th September 2012
Greasemonkey

Sportster/Buell Model: XL1200 Forty Eight
Japexican is on a distinguished roadJapexican is on a distinguished roadJapexican is on a distinguished road

The seat with the sissy bar doesn't look as bad as the seat just by itself. I'm surprised the seat isn't that much more comfortable. Does the passenger think it is? Whats the size of those suspension also? They 11.5"? And you already know this...but def. love your tank color. Later
Old 12th September 2012
Flat Track Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japexican View Post
The seat with the sissy bar doesn't look as bad as the seat just by itself. I'm surprised the seat isn't that much more comfortable. Does the passenger think it is? Whats the size of those suspension also? They 11.5"? And you already know this...but def. love your tank color. Later

Yea the sissy bar helps a little. Like I said this setup will ONLY be used for 2up.

I was quite surprised, We took about a 45 minute ride last night and I didn't notice much of a difference vs my Bare Bones. Only thing different is it lifts me up a little, not much though.

My GF loves the new seat. Before with the Phantom pad she'd have a death grip on me and would wiggle around every chance she got because the seat sucked. Yesterday she just rested against the sissy bar and was good to go. She said she could easily ride a few hours on it now. I want her to enjoy riding with me so as goofy looking as it may be it's a good setup for what I intend to use it for.

Shocks are Legend Air Ride. Fully adjustable from 9.5" to 12" at the push of a button with an onboard compressor(under the swing arm pivot bolt). I just drop the air out when I park it because it looks cooler. They pop back up to about stock length and ride nice. I bought them used for $300 + my stock shocks...I wouldn't recommend buying them new though, at $1300 I don't think it's worth that much.

Thanks, I like the tank too. I'd honestly like to have about 2-3 different tanks to swap back and forth. I'd love to have a 2.2 painted by Chemical Candy.
Know Thy Hog