The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Motor Stage  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Drivetrain > Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Sportster Motorcycle Tires, Wheels, and Brakes Discuss issues with Sportster motorcycle tires, wheels and brakes.

Members Birthdays
flashedwards (64), Reeky (62), feets (61), Eastern Shore XL (59), beeman07, Ironhead Zombie (43), pilot (40), Rik (40), joker13 (39), naturegirl77 (34), oliver81 (33), walkingblind
Hammer Performance
Figure Machine
Hammer Performance
Energy One Clutches

S&S Cycle

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th March 2012
Been to Montana

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
LuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
/\ LB, I went back and checked at Motorcycle Super store where I got mine and the next larger listed size was 180/65-16 over the 150/80-16 I got...
Have a good one...Tater...
I've been running a 160 Metz, just wondered if they offered that in a Commander II. Looks like they don't. I might just go back to a Commander II 150 next time. I still have a season left on my 880s.
Old 7th March 2012
Senior Chief Master Mechanic 1st Class

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200 C
Sportster/Buell Year: 09
Tater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to allTater is a name known to all

/\ LB, I didn't say they didn't make it, I was just sayin that Motorcycle Superstore didn't list it...
Have a good one...Tater...
Viking Shock Cutout Saddlebags, Mustang Seat, Rear Mt. Signal Lt. Kit, SuperBrace...
Old 7th March 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Loner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud of

Out of curiosity I checked and on Michelins website they list the sizes
for the Commander II there is a 160 for the 16 inch rear
Funny thing is I used their tire fitment guide on the right side it recommends a 130 for the rear, don't think so, but if you click on the "show me more" link it will offer a 150 or 160 rear so there it is.

here is a link

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/in...vent=commander

Last edited by Loner; 7th March 2012 at 17:22..
Old 8th March 2012
Been to Montana

Sportster/Buell Model: XL 1200 Custom
Sportster/Buell Year: 2004
LuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant futureLuxBlue has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
Out of curiosity I checked and on Michelins website they list the sizes
for the Commander II there is a 160 for the 16 inch rear
Funny thing is I used their tire fitment guide on the right side it recommends a 130 for the rear, don't think so, but if you click on the "show me more" link it will offer a 150 or 160 rear so there it is.

here is a link

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/in...vent=commander

All I see is a 160 for a 17" wheel????
Old 8th March 2012
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2012
Loner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud ofLoner has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxBlue View Post
All I see is a 160 for a 17" wheel????
you're right, I didn't have my glasses on, I see in size 16 you can get a 180 or a 140 besides the 150 that is stock.
Would not want to put a 140 and 180 would probably be to big for the stock swing arm.

I'm actually happy with the stock Michelins on my bike, for now, I only got about 500 miles on them all dry miles, had not tried them in wet weather yet.

,but on my old Rigid Evos I always replace the stock tires with aftermarket tires usually Metzlers. I liked the 880 series they seemed to hold up well and not follow rain grooves.

IMHO going with Michelins is not a bad move.
Know Thy Hog

Old 16th March 2012
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1203 XLH/Buell Hybrid
Sportster/Buell Year: 1988
williamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to beholdwilliamv1203 is a splendid one to behold