The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum Figure Machine  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > SPORTSTER MOTORCYCLE ZONE > Sportster Motorcycle Era Specific and Model Specific > Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985)
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Ironhead Sportster Motorcycle Talk (1957-1985) For all those that wanna talk about Ironhead Sportster Motorcycles

Members Birthdays
Nightrider, jim wiseman (63), gone2dalake (61), bobzimm (58), JMan (47), csaintg (45), tinydawg (43), B.Curvin (43), eskiv (34), 05bluesportster (33), joka646 (30)
Licks Cycles
Superbrace
Figure Machine
Lowbrow Customs

Lowbrow Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th July 2010
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200s
Sportster/Buell Year: 99
Sportster/Buell Model #2: 883 w/ 1200 conversion
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 87
gibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the rough
Default 1978 IH for sale... on craigslist

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/1862178364.html

This is my wifes uncles IH that he has for sale... what do you think? Is he asking to much? Let me know what you think, because he bought a fatboy, and is trying to sell this, but no one is wanting it.. can you see a reason why? Thanks in advance for any input you may have..
Old 27th July 2010
Senior Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: 1000cc Ironhead Sportster
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
Other Motorcycle Model: 96 KDX200 Dirt Bike
russzx6 is a glorious beacon of lightrusszx6 is a glorious beacon of lightrusszx6 is a glorious beacon of lightrusszx6 is a glorious beacon of lightrusszx6 is a glorious beacon of lightrusszx6 is a glorious beacon of lightrusszx6 is a glorious beacon of lightrusszx6 is a glorious beacon of lightrusszx6 is a glorious beacon of lightrusszx6 is a glorious beacon of lightrusszx6 is a glorious beacon of light

I'd ebay those extra parts and drop the price a little that 2 :1 should get a decent price for starters. .. .he will still get what he originally wants for it in the end that way
Old 27th July 2010
Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLCH
Sportster/Buell Year: 1962
GA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of lightGA_Ironhead is a glorious beacon of light

I dunno - the price seems reasonable. Bad economy and lots of competition. He may want to put the keywords Ironhead and Sportster in there somewhere, so that people searching on those terms will have his ad returned.

At $650,000 this guy is a bit overpriced. Maybe SE stuff has gone up... http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/1865033399.html

2006 harley davidson 1200 low - $650000 (pontiac)

I have a 2006 1200 low sportster I bought new. It has 7000 miles on it. I have a detatchable windshiesd, backrest, Rush slip on mufflers, Dynajet carb kit, Screaming Eagle air cleaner and forward controls. It is a beautiful bike and well taken care of.
Old 27th July 2010
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Year: 1975
johnnyjellybean is on a distinguished roadjohnnyjellybean is on a distinguished roadjohnnyjellybean is on a distinguished roadjohnnyjellybean is on a distinguished road

That looks like it's a 75th anniversary edition. He would probably sell it quick putting back the original parts and selling it as an original bike. Put all the other stuff on Fleabay and he'd come out further ahaed.
Old 27th July 2010
Know It All

gibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the roughgibson_david28 is a jewel in the rough

It is the 75th anniversary edition. I believe he still has all the stock parts for it also. I just figured someone looking for a nice Iron would have jumped all over it. I mean with the extras it comes with, they could ebay those and make a lil money back out of it and still have a nice bike... I guess I need to go and talk to him about how to relist it..
Know Thy Hog

Old 27th July 2010
Know It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA_Ironhead View Post
I dunno - the price seems reasonable. Bad economy and lots of competition. He may want to put the keywords Ironhead and Sportster in there somewhere, so that people searching on those terms will have his ad returned.

At $650,000 this guy is a bit overpriced. Maybe SE stuff has gone up... http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/1865033399.html

2006 harley davidson 1200 low - $650000 (pontiac)

I have a 2006 1200 low sportster I bought new. It has 7000 miles on it. I have a detatchable windshiesd, backrest, Rush slip on mufflers, Dynajet carb kit, Screaming Eagle air cleaner and forward controls. It is a beautiful bike and well taken care of.
I looked at that one last night, and went What the Fk!!!!!! Wife probably said he has to sell it so he said he would list on craigslist.. Just never said for how much, or that he would come close to a regular asking price..lol....
Old 27th July 2010
Biker

puppybreath is an unknown quantity at this point

Up here $2500 is the common price you see for Ironheads on craigs list.

Think $2600 is a good price for that bike if I had the spare cash I'd grab it. Then I'd throw the 2:1 on my bike, the green fender and tank on the 1980 and give it to my daughter, she like's strange colors so it would be perfect for her. You can never have too many sportsters
Old 27th July 2010
Know It All

If I had the cash I would have already gotten it.. You can see all the different paint themes, and the red one is a coca-cola theme.. It was featured in a magazine, I just don't know right off hand which one.. I am just trying to help him out, before he winds up basically giving it away. (unless it is to me that is...lol)
Old 29th July 2010
Senior Chief Master Mechanic

Sportster/Buell Year: 1979
Sportster/Buell Model #2: XLH
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1977
60weight has a spectacular aura about60weight has a spectacular aura about60weight has a spectacular aura about60weight has a spectacular aura about60weight has a spectacular aura about60weight has a spectacular aura about60weight has a spectacular aura about60weight has a spectacular aura about

Put all the factory parts back on,go UP 1K,then ebay all the extras.
Old 29th July 2010
Know It All

Sportster/Buell Model: XLT
Sportster/Buell Year: 1977
Other Motorcycle Model: FatBoy
Other Motorcycle Year: 1995
ErnieConnell is an unknown quantity at this point

The 2 into 1 will fetch 100 min., Buff them out and you can more than double the price. The tanks got to get at least 25 each. I doubt the special paint will add anything extra. You may want to find the exhaust mounting bracket, that is a rare item on ebay.
Know Thy Hog