The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum DK Customs  

Go Back   The Sportster and Buell Motorcycle Forum > GENERAL AREA > Off-Topic/General Discussion
XLF Gallery XLF Classifieds XLF Blogs XLF Shout XLF Arcade XLF Disclaimer/Privacy Statement/Terms Of Use

Off-Topic/General Discussion Here is you can submit non-Sportster related topics. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION PLEASE.

Members Birthdays
S&S Cycle
Dead Creek Cycles
Biltwell
S&S Cycle

DK Customs

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th September 2010
Biker

Sportster/Buell Model: Iron 883 Chrome Yellow
Sportster/Buell Year: 2011
Other Motorcycle Model: ke100
Other Motorcycle Year: 1999
Apecore12 is on a distinguished roadApecore12 is on a distinguished road

If I had the spare cash I'd get a Derringer Cycle. But all goes into having fun on my Iron.
www.derringercycles.com
Old 20th September 2010
XL FORUM TEAM MEMBER

Sportster/Buell Model: 1998 S= Superior Model
Sportster/Buell Year: 1998
shotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun46 has a reputation beyond repute

cool but I did not see a price
Old 20th September 2010
Biker

Derringer Cycles are $3500 plus tax and/or shipping. The price includes a choice of 250 colors, and you can mix and match at no additional charge. A blue bike with white wheels and black tires for instance. We try to never build the same bike twice, so a large number of additional finish options are included in the base price as well, a blue bike with white wheels, blue spoke nipples, and white powder coated spokes is $3500, a blue bike with white wheels, blue spoke nipples and gold plated spokes is not, some unusual finish options and most accessories are additional cost, contact us for details and a copy of the full color chart.
Old 20th September 2010
Senior Master Custom Bike Builder

Sportster/Buell Model: XLH 1200
Sportster/Buell Year: 1988
biknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apecore12 View Post
Derringer Cycles are $3500 plus tax and/or shipping. The price includes a choice of 250 colors, and you can mix and match at no additional charge. A blue bike with white wheels and black tires for instance. We try to never build the same bike twice, so a large number of additional finish options are included in the base price as well, a blue bike with white wheels, blue spoke nipples, and white powder coated spokes is $3500, a blue bike with white wheels, blue spoke nipples and gold plated spokes is not, some unusual finish options and most accessories are additional cost, contact us for details and a copy of the full color chart.
Those are very nice but the motors in them look like the same ones I can buy for less than $200.
Completely stock except for, Branch #5 heads & 10.5:1 JE pistons, Red Shift V531 cams, S&S Super E, ThunderJet, V&H Sideshots, S&S Flywheels, Dyna 2000i, Stortz 55mm Inverted Fork, JMC Swingarm, Works Performance 12.5" Shocks, PM 4 Piston, PM wheels, 18 x 150 R tire, Custom Belt Drive Conversion, Still Has Original Nut Behind The Bars
Old 20th September 2010

biknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to beholdbiknut is a splendid one to behold

I think I'll probably go with this one. It's got a better looking carb and A/C than most of them.

Black Grubee SkyHawk 48cc Bicycle Engine Kit EPA Certified

http://www.bikeberry.com/grubee-star...certified.html

Description

The new 2010 Grubee Skyhawk Angle Fire 48cc bicycle engine kits are now available with major upgrades! The new 2010 edition comes with a larger exhaust port on the cylinder body for less restriction in air flow, creating more boost in power and speed and a larger front mount that is compatible with bigger bicycle frame sizes. This engine kit also comes with an upgraded high performance CNS carburetor that is designed to improve air flow and efficiency with a larger vent intake, low profile cone-style air filter and the new high quality EPA Good Year fuel line. Another great improvement is the upgraded muffler with built in heat shield for less heat and a longer Palladium cartridge for an extra quiet muffler. A new head cap design was also added to fit a spark plug in a 45 degree angle for a slimmer profile. This engine kit creates less needed head space for mounting on a bicycle and has more torque and power compared to regular 80cc engines. The head cap can also be turned 180 degrees for a preferred forward look. Newly developed with all the latest components available, these engines are the highest quality and highest performing engines on the market today. Often referred to as the "Rolls Royce" of bicycle engine kits, the Grubee name is well known for the quality and workmanship that goes behind each kit. Have you tried the rest? Now try the best!

This kit comes with every thing that you'll need to convert bicycle into a motorized bike. You will still be able to pedal the bike and ride like normal or start the engine by releasing the clutch lever. There's no rope pulling needed. You can stop or start the engine as you ride.

With these strict quality assurance measures, we are able to offer an industry leading 6 month warranty!
4 - 5 HP (horse power)

20 to 30 mph depending on the gear ratio and weight.

MPG 100-150 miles per gallon

Independent drive sprocket and chain does not interfere with your current drive chain and peddling
Know Thy Hog

Old 20th September 2010
Biker

The one used by Derringer Cycles is a 4 stroke at least the new ones are older ones are 2 stroke. I like them but the price is way to crazy high.
Old 20th September 2010

Sportster/Buell Model: 1200C
Sportster/Buell Year: 2006
Sportster/Buell Model #2: Short Chop
Sportster/Buell Year #2: 1962
Blaze is a name known to allBlaze is a name known to allBlaze is a name known to allBlaze is a name known to allBlaze is a name known to allBlaze is a name known to allBlaze is a name known to allBlaze is a name known to allBlaze is a name known to allBlaze is a name known to allBlaze is a name known to all

3500 kinda defeats the purpose....for 3500, I'll go with another Sportie...just saying...

In a world of deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of revolt.
Old 21st September 2010
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: CBR replica minibike
Nitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of light

Forget the derringer, and the moped for that matter, I've gone back to the BMX. Takes me an hour now to get to work but damn it's fun...

You can't beat the fuel economy on these things either
Old 21st September 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Circus View Post
Forget the derringer, and the moped for that matter, I've gone back to the BMX. Takes me an hour now to get to work but damn it's fun...

You can't beat the fuel economy on these things either
I hear you, and I think you have the right idea, but this isn't a moped. It's just a motor assisted bicycle.

Here in Texas where everything is over 15 miles away and summer is burning hot, it makes sense to have a little, emphasis on little, help.
Old 21st September 2010
Senior Chief Harley Engineer

Sportster/Buell Model: Sportster XL883N
Sportster/Buell Year: 2009
Other Motorcycle Model: CBR replica minibike
Nitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of lightNitro Circus is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
I hear you, and I think you have the right idea, but this isn't a moped. It's just a motor assisted bicycle.

Here in Texas where everything is over 15 miles away and summer is burning hot, it makes sense to have a little, emphasis on little, help.
Fair enough. Over here there a quite a few regenerative motor-assisted bicycles from Panasonic around, a good hill will wind 'em up good for a good distance.

I can see it now, you start with that practical little cruiser, and others will follow with these...
Know Thy Hog